M470 – OSP
- Measurement range: 10 mm
- Reference distance: 30 mm
- Maximum vertical resolution (static): 100 nm
- Spot size: 30 µm at focus
- Scan speed: 10 mm/s
- Multiple readings averaged: Yes
- Correct positioning: Red light / Green light
- Light source: 650 nm class 2 semiconductor laser max. 0.95 mW
Positioning system specifications
- Scan Range (x,y,z): 110 mm x 110 mm x 110 mm
- Minimal step size on all axes: 20 nm
- Closed loop positioning linear zero hysteresis encoder with direct real-time readout of displacement in x, y and z
- Linear position encoder resolution: 20 nm.
- Max. scan speed: 10 mm/s
- Measurement resolution: 32-bit decoder @ up to 40 MHz
Piezoelectric element (for z axis only)
- Vibration range 20 nm – 2 µm peak to peak with 1 nm increments
- Min. vibration resolution: 0.12 nm calculated (16-bit DAC on 4 µm)
- Piezo crystal extension: 100 µm
- Positioning resolution: 0.09 nm calculated (20-bit DAC on 100 µm)
Maps and quantifies the surface roughness and topography features.
Utilising a non-contact laser displacement sensor, the OSP470 module allows fast and accurate non-contact surface measurement to a very high accuracy. Features of less than one micrometer can be imaged and measured over a height measurement range of 10 mm without touching the sample surface.
The OSP470 incorporates a CCD displacement sensor mounted on the scanning head of the M470 workstation. A small spot of laser light at 650 nm is projected down onto the sample surface and the scattered light is focused on to the CCD array allowing the direct displacement measurement of the diffuse scattered light.
This allows a very accurate surface height profile of the entire surface to be generated and thus measurements of the surface roughness and topography features. Most importantly, the OSP470 module will allow the use of the generated data subsequently to alter the height of the probe in any of the other electrochemistry techniques, so the probe can scan over uneven surfaces whilst maintaining a constant distance of the probe from the sample.