M470 – LEIS
- Compliance voltage: ±12 V
- Applied potential: ±10 V FSR
- Resolution: 32-bit (4.7 nV)
- Measured potential: ±10 V FSR
- Resolution: 24-bit (1.2 μV)
- Current ranges: 10-decades 1 nA to 1 A
- Maximum current: 500 mA
- Current resolution: 23.8 fA
- Accuracy: <0.5%
- Floating capability Standard
- Cell connections 2, 3 or 4
- Maximum ADC sample rate: 4 MHz
- Maximum ADC resolution: 24-bit
- Minimum pulse duration: 100 μs
- Scan rate: 1 μV/s to 200 V/s
- Impedance: 10¹³ Ω II 7 pF typical
- Bias current: 1 pA typical
- Bandwidth: 1 MHz
- Frequency range: 1 µHz to 1 MHz
- Analyser accuracy: 0.1%, 0.1°
- Frequency resolution: 66 nHz
- Mode Single sine, Multisine, FFT analysis
Positioning system specifications
- Scan Range (x,y,z): 110 mm x 110 mm x 110 mm
- Minimal step size on all axes: 20 nm
- Closed loop positioning linear zero hysteresis encoder with direct real-time readout of displacement in x, y and z
- Linear position encoder resolution: 20 nm.
- Max. scan speed: 10 mm/s
- Measurement resolution: 32-bit decoder @ up to 40 MHz
Piezoelectric element (for z axis only)
- Vibration range 20 nm – 2 µm peak to peak with 1 nm increments
- Min. vibration resolution: 0.12 nm calculated (16-bit DAC on 4 µm)
- Piezo crystal extension: 100 µm
- Positioning resolution: 0.09 nm calculated (20-bit DAC on 100 µm)
Monitors and maps the local impedance of a sample in solution.
The LEIS470 allows spatially resolved impedance measurements to be made, combining established principles of EIS measurements with BioLogic’s unique Model 470 scanning probe technology and has been designed to provide a totally integrated spatially resolved measurement system.
The principles of LEIS are similar to those employed in traditional bulk EIS, in that a small sinusoidal voltage perturbation is applied to a working electrode sample and the resulting current is measured to allow the calculation of the impedance. However, rather than measure the bulk current, a small electrochemical probe is scanned close to the surface, measuring the local current in the electrolyte.
Producing area maps over a sample at a single frequency has never been easier. The LEIS470 also allows the user to make galvanic or bulk impedance measurements simply by choosing which mode the potentiostat is operating in, and the software does the rest.
M470 is available with a choice of potentiostat/galvanostat/FRAs: in place of the 3300, which is built-in the M470, the SP-300 can now be used with the M470.
You may be interested in...
LEIS Probe The Localized Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (LEIS) probe offered is a twin probe socket type, composed of a platinized Pt ring and a platinized Pt tip, used as pseudo-references for the local ac current measurement. The very fine tip ensures an optimized lateral resolution. Part number : U-LEIS370/1 *The dimension of the probe is in […]Select this