M470 – ic-SECM
- Compliance voltage: ±12 V
- Applied potential: ±10 V FSR
- Resolution: 32-bit (4.7 nV)
- Measured potential: ±10 V FSR
- Resolution: 24-bit (1.2 μV)
- Current ranges: 10-decades 1 nA to 1 A
- Maximum current: 500 mA
- Current resolution: 23.8 fA
- Accuracy: <0.5%
- Floating capability Standard
- Cell connections 2, 3 or 4
- Maximum ADC sample rate: 4 MHz
- Maximum ADC resolution: 24-bit
- Minimum pulse duration: 100 μs
- Scan rate: 1 μV/s to 200 V/s
- Piezo crystal extension 100 µm
- Vibration frequency 80 – 600 Hz
- Vibration control 20 nm – 2 µm peak to peak
- Minimum increment 1 nm
- Z control resolution 0.09 nm (piezo)
- Topography resolution (recorded) 20 nm
Positioning system specifications
- Scan Range (x,y,z): 110 mm x 110 mm x 110 mm
- Minimal step size on all axes: 20 nm
- Closed loop positioning linear zero hysteresis encoder with direct real-time readout of displacement in x, y and z
- Linear position encoder resolution: 20 nm.
- Max. scan speed: 10 mm/s
- Measurement resolution: 32-bit decoder @ up to 40 MHz
Piezoelectric element (for z axis only)
- Vibration range 20 nm – 2 µm peak to peak with 1 nm increments
- Min. vibration resolution: 0.12 nm calculated (16-bit DAC on 4 µm)
- Piezo crystal extension: 100 µm
- Positioning resolution: 0.09 nm calculated (20-bit DAC on 100 µm)
SECM is one of the fastest growing techniques used in scanning probe electrochemistry. Standard scanning electrochemical microscopy does not have the ability to distinguish differences in topographical induced changes and electrochemical induced changes. Ic-SECM is a simple way to maintain very close probe-sample proximity.
ic-SECM470 introduces a brand new technique to overcome these limitations by using an innovative tip positioning method that allows surface topography and activity to be resolved simultaneously and independently.
The intermittent contact technique allows an SECM probe to maintain the same degree of contact with the sample over the course of a scan.
Conventional SECM modulation and measurement of the probe and sample electrochemistry can be made whilst the intermittent contact control is in operation.
M470 is available with a choice of potentiostat/galvanostat/FRAs: in place of the 3300, which is built-in the M470, the SP-300 can now be used with the M470.
You may be interested in...
Ultra Micro Electrodes for SECM/ac-SECM/ic-SECM A range of UMEs is specifically designed for use with the SECM370, SECM470, ac- and ic-SECM470. Fused silica-based SECM Probes Designed for use with dc-SECM, ac-SECM, in intermittent contact mode. Robust 10,15, 25 µm diameter available Specifications Electrode Diameter (/µm) 10, 15 or 25 Nominal glass diameter (/µm) […]Select this