M470 – ac/dc-SECM
- Compliance voltage: ±12 V
- Applied potential: ±10 V FSR
- Resolution: 32-bit (4.7 nV)
- Measured potential: ±10 V FSR
- Resolution: 24-bit (1.2 μV)
- Current ranges: 10-decades 1 nA to 1 A
- Maximum current: 500 mA
- Current resolution: 23.8 fA
- Accuracy: >0.5%
- Floating capability Standard
- Cell connections 2, 3 or 4
- Maximum ADC sample rate: 4 MHz
- Maximum ADC resolution: 24-bit
- Minimum pulse duration: 100 μs
- Scan rate: 1 μV/s to 200 V/s
- Frequency range: 1 µHz to 1 MHz
- Analyser accuracy: 0.1%, 0.1°
- Frequency resolution 66 nHz
- Mode Single sine, Multisine, FFT analysis
Positioning system specifications
- Scan Range (x,y,z): 110 mm x 110 mm x 110 mm
- Minimal step size on all axes: 20 nm
- Closed loop positioning linear zero hysteresis encoder with direct real-time readout of displacement in x, y and z
- Linear position encoder resolution: 20 nm.
- Max. scan speed: 10 mm/s
- Measurement resolution: 32-bit decoder @ up to 40 MHz
Piezoelectric element (for z axis only)
- Vibration range 20 nm – 2 µm peak to peak with 1 nm increments
- Min. vibration resolution: 0.12 nm calculated (16-bit DAC on 4 µm)
- Piezo crystal extension: 100 µm
- Positioning resolution: 0.09 nm calculated (20-bit DAC on 100 µm)
Provides information about the surface reactivity of a sample in solution.
SECM is one of the fastest growing of the scanning probe electrochemistry techniques. Its many application areas include the study of surface modification, monitoring of biological activity and imaging immobilized enzymes.
The 3300 bi-potentiostat can make ultra-low current, low noise measurements simultaneously at the tip and substrate to extend the instruments ability to address specialist applications in surface science and the study of living cells.
The ac-SECM is a new technique that has the capability to measure surface phenomena without the presence of a mediator. This feature allows the SECM technique to be used in the field of corrosion science.
The SECM technique can be combined with the OSP470 module or the ic-SECM470 module to allow the technique to make both constant height and constant distance measurements.
M470 is available with a choice of potentiostat/galvanostat/FRAs: in place of the 3300, which is built-in the M470, the SP-300 can now be used with the M470.
You may be interested in...
Ultra Micro Electrodes for SECM/ac-SECM/ic-SECM A range of UMEs is specifically designed for use with the SECM370, SECM470, ac- and ic-SECM470. Fused silica-based SECM Probes Designed for use with dc-SECM, ac-SECM, in intermittent contact mode. Robust 10,15, 25 µm diameter available Specifications Electrode Diameter (/µm) 10, 15 or 25 Nominal glass diameter (/µm) […]Select this