- 8 channels per modules
- Optional high quality EIS: Full scan from 10 kHz to 10 mHz
- 18-bit A/D converter (40 µV resolution)
- High Precision Coulometry measurement down to 6.3 ppm
- Current options from few nA to 120 A
- Voltage measurement and application from 0 V to 9 V
- Module mixing (BCS-805/810/815)
- Powerful BT-Lab software interface
- 2 ms acquisition time
- Several cabinet sizes
- Plug and play module installation
- Footprint: 840 x 600 mm
- Max 16 modules per cabinet
- AC single phase wiring : 240VAC / 110 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- AC three phase wiring:
- EU: 3 Phases + N + PE 230/400Vac 50/60Hz 50A
- USA/CAN: 3 Phases + PE 120/208Vac 60Hz 50A
- JP: 3 Phases + PE 200Vac 50/60Hz 50A
- (PDU to be used only with configuration with several BCS-815 modules)
- 38/24U : back door access
Slots available for BCS-8xx modules:
- 6U – (2U for the BCS COM module ): “4U available for BCS-8xx modules”
- 12 U – (2U for the BCS COM module + 2U power strip) : “8U available for BCS-8xx modules”
- 24U – (2U for the BCS COM module + 4U for the BCS-PDU module and/or + 2U power strip (option)) :
- with PDU module: “16U available for BCS-8xx modules”
- without PDU module: “20U available for BCS-8xx modules”
- 38U – (2U for the BCS COM module + 4U for the BCS-PDU module and/or + 2U power strip (option)) :
- with PDU module: “30U available for BCS-8xx modules”
- without PDU module: “34U available for BCS-8xxmodules”
Powerful and flexible equipment for battery cycling
The BCS-8xx series Battery Cycling System is the newest line of advanced battery cyclers introduced by Bio-Logic. It is designed as a modular system that addresses the expanding needs of the industrial battery cycling market by providing superior specifications and capability for an investment that gives new meaning to the term exceptional value and brings a completely new quality to the battery market.
BCS-8xx series is the equipment of choice for your R&D department, quality control, certification, as well as academic research.
The state-of-the-art BCS-8xx cyclers provide superior performance and specifications compared to the existing cyclers available on the market today, including 5 current ranges (every decade), 18 bit resolution in current and voltage, high precision coulometry, fast bandwidths (rise and fall times), smart sampling, interfacing with external equipment and temperature probes and many more. All standard.
All BCS-8xx modules come in a standard 19” format for rack mounting and are composed of 8 independent channels allowing a user to run simultaneous experiments with 18-bit current and voltage resolution (allowing for high precision coulometry), adjustable bandwidth (for exceptional stability and fast rise/fall times) and smart sampling.
Every BCS-8xx module are available with an optional built-in FRA that allows for EIS studies over the frequency range from 10 kHz to 10 mHz on each channel in either galvano- or potentio- mode (selectable in the software).
This EIS measurement is as fast and precise as on our research grade equipment, so no compromise there. 5 current ranges are standard in each unit which allows to cover many orders of magnitude in current with a single unit. Furthermore BCS-815 channels can be put in parallel in order to reach +/-30, +/-60 or even +/-120 A.
Each BCS-8xx module has analog/digital inputs and outputs which can be used to control and communicate with an external device.
The BCS-815 and BCS-810 battery cyclers are equipped with dedicated K-type thermocouple inputs for each channel.
In case of BCS-815, cycling and Logic electronics are powered independently allowing for uninterrupted data acquisition even with small UPS units, as well as safe shut-down in case of a major power grid failure. Our software and firmware allows for easy resumption of operation.
Depending on the current required, three modules are available:
- BCS-815 (up to +/-15 A; up to +/-120 A in parallel mode)
- BCS-810 (up to +/- 1.5 A)
- BCS-805 (up to +/-150 mA)
BCS-8xx modules are Plug and Play allowing for easy installation, module replacement and maintenance without affecting the other running modules. The various models can be mixed in a single cabinet.
Depending on the cabinet and the BCS-8xx models selected, a cabinet (BCSC-38U) can be configured to hold from one to up to sixteen BCS-8xx modules, corresponding to 128 channels .
All BCS-8xx series instruments are controlled by our BT-Lab – a powerful software suite based on our industry-leading EC-Lab software. In BT-Lab software, all of the main battery parameters are automatically processed and displayed on-line in real time. It is provided with the unit at no additional cost.
Each channel can be individually controlled from a different computer over the local network, while many units can be controlled and monitored from the same instance of the BT-lab software. Your operations can be very flexible and your managers will be able to monitor channel status without leaving their desk, or interrupting your technicians’ work on the lab workstation!
Configurable equipment for battery cycling with EIS capability
The BCS-8xx battery cycler is a multi-channel module in 19” format. Each BCS-8xx module is composed of 8 channels.
Three BCS-8xx models are designed to test a broad range of batteries and capacitors:
- BCS-815 up to 15 A – 4U height
- BCS-810 up to 1.5 A – 2U height
- BCS-805 up to 0.15 A – 1U height
Multiple sizes of racks are available to house the various BCS modules: 38U, 24U, 12U and 6U. Different types of BCS modules can be mixed in the same rack for superior flexibility. Every rack is supplied with a single communication unit capable of managing up to 128 channels (16 BCS-8xx modules).
Large systems configured with multiple BCS-815s require a power distribution unit that allows the system to be powered off a 3-phase circuit, capable of providing up to 8*1.7 kW of power.